Transition East Bay
Want to meet others interested in food security, local currency, permaculture, energy decent planning, etc.
“Does our group have its own blog for posting ideas on, or do we all use the main T California blog together? I’d love to follow some wisdoms pertinent to our East Bay.”
“Hi, We’re transforming our large Berkeley Victorian into a shared home with resilience minded housemates. Have a nice suite with private bath available now. Put full information into Transition California discussion, but I can also send anyone…”
- How might your current work contribute to the Transition movement?
- We are a community working together to look Peak Oil and Climate Change squarely in the eye and address this BIG question:
“for all those aspects of life that this community needs in order to sustain itself and thrive, how do we significantly increase resilience (to mitigate the effects of Peak Oil) and drastically reduce carbon emissions (to mitigate the effects of Climate Change)?”
- In what ways do you personally identify with the Transition movement? Why are you interested?
- We are beating our petroleum addition step-by-step. We are not going cold turkey and moving to the country, living off a solar panel, etc. We love where we live and we are committed to get/keep the ball rolling here in the East Bay with local food production, local currency, community building, etc.
- What background and skills do you bring to this community?
spreading the love
- What aspects of the Transition Town movement most interests you?
- We are here as a resource to support one another. We organize events, manage the website, talk to each other, educate ourselves, and wonder out loud.